We are writing with an update regarding Coronavirus, COVID-19.
Since the first case of Coronavirus was reported it has spread across the world, now finding its way closer to home. During that time, there has been a great deal in the news, which is changing daily so we thought it was important to advise on our current situation at Warwick Town Council:
- All Officers are now working from home, and our office will be closed until further notice. All members of staff have access to their emails and files and will continue to work from home while the UK Government have ordered a lockdown.
- An emergency committee group has been formed to act on any urgent matters during these uncertain times.
- All committee meetings will take place virtually using Microsoft Teams. Details on how to join each meeting will be published along with the agenda.
As I’m sure you will appreciate, we are in an ever-changing situation and we, at Warwick Town Council, will keep you up-to date with the latest developments within our community.
We will continue to follow Government guidelines and advice on the virus and will provide further updates on this page in the near future.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these uncertain times.
Latest Updates within Warwick:
- Warwick Market will be returning from Saturday 23rd May 2020. The scaled down market will be limited to ten stalls selling food products only. A queuing system will also be in place with a maximum of ten visitors allowed in the market area at one time.
- Warwick Folk Festival 2020 has been cancelled
- Warwick District Council are offering free parking in all of its car parks which remain open with immediate effect.
- Warwick District Council’s Neighbourhood Services have provided an update on their current services.
- Warwick Town Council have suspended all Council meetings until further notice
- Warwick Town Council have postponed Eurocamp 2020 until the summer of 2021
- Warwick Town Council’s Annual Town Meeting has been postponed until Wednesday 21st October 2020
- Warwickshire Open Studios arts weekend, scheduled from 20th June until 5th July, has been cancelled
- CJ’s Events Warwickshire have cancelled Warwick’s Food Festival, scheduled to take place on Sunday 24th May
- Warwick Rotary Club have cancelled the Two Castles Run, due to take place on 14th June
- Warwick Castle is closed until further notice
- CJ’s Events Warwickshire have postponed Warwick’s French Market until later in the year
- UK Schools, colleges and nurseries will close from Friday 20th March
- Warwickshire County Records Office have cancelled all events, school and group bookings until 1st May
- Warwick Visitor Centre is closed until further notice
- Warwick Rotary Club has suspended all meetings until the end of April
- Warwick Racecourse – all racing in Britain has been suspended until the end of April
- The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers Museum is closed until further notice
- The Myton Hospices have rescheduled their Glow For Myton event until Saturday 17th October 2020
- Collegiate Church of St Mary’s have suspended all services recitals until further notice
- Tom Kerridge’s Pub in the Park Festival will be delayed until 18th-20th September 2020.
- The Warwickshire Yeomanry Museum, located at The Court House, will be closed until further notice.
- Warwick Town Council and Warwick Visitor Centre have cancelled #LoveLocal, due to take place on Saturday 4th April.
- Warwick Court Leet have postponed Warwick Town Criers Competition 2020. A new date will be confirmed for 2021.
- Unlocking Warwick have taken the decision to postpone all In The Ballroom and Tea Dance sessions until further notice.
- Unlocking Warwick have cancelled The Jazz Age event, scheduled to take place on Saturday 2nd May.
- Unlocking Warwick have cancelled all tours of The Court House until further notice.
- Warwick Court Leet have decided to cancel this year’s Spring Court, scheduled to take place on Thursday 26th March.