Restored and reopened, the historic Court House in Jury Street, standing at the cross roads in the heart of Warwick, is now a hub of community activity as well as being the starting point for visitors to the ancient town.
This splendid Grade 1 listed building – built after the 1694 Great Fire of Warwick – has been brought back to life with the aid of the Heritage Lottery Fund and Warwick Town Council. Officially reopened in 2014, the year Warwick celebrated its 1100th anniversary, it is now a versatile space for community events, private parties, weddings and conferences. Within The Court House visitors will find:
- A Visitor Information Centre with displays about Warwick’s history
- The Yeomanry Museum in the basement, with exhibits from the town’s military past
- Warwick Town Council offices and council chamber
- The Chambers and The Ballroom which are available for private hire
- The Pageant Gardens at the back of the building, a restful place in the centre of Warwick