WARWICK IN BLOOM 2022 COMPETITION NOW OPEN
Ready, steady, grow – Warwick in Bloom is back for 2022!
The 2022 competition features 13 competitive categories and includes categories for shops, commercial premises, pubs and B&Bs, and schools, in addition to the familiar gardens, window boxes, hanging baskets and community planting categories.
Warwick in Bloom welcomes entries to anyone or any business with a CV34 postcode. The competition is now open for entries until the closing date of Sunday 31st July 2022.
Entrants for Warwick in Bloom 2022 are invited to email photos and/or a video to show their planting and growing achievements.
You can submit any photos taken between August 2021 to the end of July 2022.
So even if your garden was delightful in the late summer of last year, in the winter, or this spring, you can take part in the competition.
The competition categories for Warwick in Bloom 2022 are:
- Category 1: Retailers & Shops
- Category 2: Commercial premises (baskets and boxes)
- Category 2a: Commercial premises (Gardens)
- Category 3: Hotel, public houses, guest houses, B&Bs and restaurants
- Category 4: Domestic large gardens
- Class 5: Domestic small garden (front)
- Class 5a: Domestic small garden (back)
- Class 6: Domestic window box or hanging baskets
- Class 7: Sheltered/retirement accommodation (individuals)
- Class 8: Community gardens (groups)
- Class 9: School activity or garden
- Class 10: Public access gardens
- Class 11: Community Streets
You can email your photographs and/or video entries to email@example.com as attachments or links.
Please include information stating which category you are entering.
Please also include your contact information in your email with your name, address, and telephone number.
The competition closes on Sunday 31st July 2022.
The judges also welcome the inclusion of any written background information about entrants’ planting, especially if you had a planting theme – such as a Jubilee planting scheme.
For anyone who wishes to enter but does not have access to email, please call Warwick Town Council on 01926 411694 for support.
The competition announcement comes as more blooming baskets, flowering tubs, and planting installations have been placed in the town.
Councillor Linda Butler, deputy chair of Community & Culture at Warwick Town Council said:
“This year, Warwick Town Council and the Warwick in Bloom team have arranged for the town to be more plentiful in petals than ever before. We have installed more than 285 baskets in addition to some 60 tubs and planters thanks to the support of Warwick residents and businesses. With a royal theme of red, white, and blue planting, the baskets and planters were all installed ahead of the Platinum Jubilee and, alongside all the bunting displays, helped to make the town look resplendent for the celebratory weekend.”
Councillor Richard Eddy, chair of Community & Culture at Warwick Town Council said:
“After a bumper crop of award-winning entries in 2021, it’s great to welcome residents and businesses to showcase their planting prowess in the Warwick in Bloom competition for 2022. We welcome entries from everyone, whether they be first-time planters or horticultural experts. This is a competition that celebrates green spaces and the transformations that Warwick people make to them. We look forward to celebrating with this year’s winners at the annual prize giving party in the autumn.”
Get planting, get growing and happy blooming – we’ll share the winners with you later in the year.
Everyone interested in following the latest Warwick in Bloom updates can join our Facebook group by clicking here
Terms & Conditions
- Entry is FREE.
- Residents and businesses can enter multiple categories.
- Entrants’ addresses must be within Warwick (CV34).
- Entrants must submit their photos and/or videos by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with any written background information they wish to provide, by Sunday 31st July 2022 to be considered for judging.
- For anyone who wishes to enter but does not have access to email, please call Warwick Town Council on 01926 411694 for support.
- Winners will notified by email or phone after judging.
- Medal winners in each category will receive a certificate
- The winner of each category agrees to their name and photography being used in marketing and other promotional releases including social media and website articles.
- By entering this competition, you are automatically accepting these terms and conditions.
- Anyone who is connected with the creation, promotion, judging and administration of this competition is exempt from the competition
- These terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of England