ALL COMPETITION CATEGORIES RETURN FOR WARWICK IN BLOOM 2021
Warwick in Bloom is back for 2021, complete with the return of the competition’s full range of categories.
Warwick in Bloom 2021 sees all 13 competitive categories open for entry and includes the return of categories for shops, commercial premises, pubs and B&Bs, and schools, in addition to the familiar gardens, window boxes, hanging baskets and community planting categories.
Warwick in Bloom welcomes entries to anyone or any business with a CV34 postcode. The competition is now open for entries and will continue for the next two months until the closing date of Friday 16th July.
Following the successful switch to a digital photography and video entry and judging format last year, which saw many new entrants join the competition for the first time, entrants for Warwick in Bloom 2021 are invited to email photos and/or a video to show their planting and growing achievements.
The competition categories for Warwick in Bloom 2021 are:
- Category 1: Retailers & Shops
- Category 2: Commercial premises (baskets and boxes)
- Category 2a: Commercial premises (Gardens)
- Category 3: Hotel, public houses, guest houses, B&Bs and restaurants
- Category 4: Domestic large gardens
- Class 5: Domestic small garden (front)
- Class 5a: Domestic small garden (back)
- Class 6: Domestic window box or hanging baskets
- Class 7: Sheltered/retirement accommodation (individuals)
- Class 8: Community gardens (groups)
- Class 9: School activity or garden
- Class 10: Public access gardens
- Class 11: Community Streets
You can email your photographs and/or video entries to firstname.lastname@example.org as attachments or links, along with information stating which category is being entered, from now through until the competition’s closing date on Friday 16th July. Please include your contact information in your email with your name, address, and telephone number.
The judges also welcome the inclusion of any written background information about entrants’ planting, especially if you worked on a green project has provided a welcome distraction during the final phases of lockdown – or if you’ve prepared an outside space especially to host friends and families as social gathering restrictions were eased.
For anyone who wishes to enter but does not have access to email, please call Warwick Town Council on 01926 411694 for support.
Cllr Richard Eddy, Chair of Community and Culture at Warwick Town Council said:
“Following last year’s simplified category format, which was adapted under 2020’s Coronavirus restrictions, it is great to return to the competition’s full range of categories this year – especially the shops and hospitality venues as they plant up their premises for summer trading.
“We’ve retained the digital photography and video entry and judging format from last year as it attracted so many first-time competitors amongst the 40-plus entrants who competed for medal-winning status. In addition, by having the competition open for entry over the next two months rather than being restricted to a single judging day in July, it enables entrants to take photos and videos of their planting at the time when they feel it’s at its blooming best.”
Get planting, get growing and happy blooming – we’ll share the winners with you later in the year.
Terms & Conditions
- Entry is FREE.
- Residents and businesses can enter multiple categories.
- Entrants’ addresses must be within Warwick (CV34).
- Entrants must submit their photos and/or videos by email to email@example.com, along with any written background information they wish to provide, by Friday 16th July 2021 to be considered for judging.
- For anyone who wishes to enter but does not have access to email, please call Warwick Town Council on 01926 411694 for support.
- Winners will be notified by email or phone after judging.
- Medal winners in each category will receive a certificate
- The winner of each category agrees to their name and photography being used in marketing and other promotional releases including social media and website articles.
- By entering this competition, you are automatically accepting these terms and conditions.
- Anyone who is connected with the creation, promotion, judging and administration of this competition is exempt from the competition
- These terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of England