Warwick in Bloom From Home 2020
Warwick in Bloom is back for 2020. It’s going to be slightly different this year as we’re switching to an email-based entry and judging format to enable the annual contest to proceed while observing social distancing under current Coronavirus guidelines.
Normally, the Warwick In Bloom team spends time visiting entrants’ homes, schools and gardens throughout the town to judge their planting, but that isn’t practical this year.
However, we still want to celebrate your planting and blooms this year and so, for 2020, we’re calling it Warwick in Bloom from Home. You can submit your entries digitally so we can see and understand what your green fingers have been doing during lockdown.
From now through to the beginning of July, you’re invited to email your photos and/or a video to show your planting and growing achievements.
Warwick in Bloom from Home also welcomes the inclusion of any written background information about entrants’ planting, especially if working on a green project has provided a welcome distraction through the current Coronavirus restrictions.
Warwick in Bloom from Home is open to anyone or any business with a CV34 postcode and we have four categories this year:
- Whether you have a small garden, a large garden, a front garden, or a back garden, we look want to see wherever you have been planting or growing this year.
- Children’s Planting
- We have two sub-categories within our Children’s section: one for the Under 8-years old and one for the Over 8-years old. We especially welcome entries that show gardening or planting projects worked on by youngsters while at home during the restricted access to schools and social clubs.
- Container Planting
- This can be any container – from hanging baskets, to window boxes, tubs and planters – and even if you don’t have access to a garden, but have been growing something on your window sill, you can enter this category.
- Community Planting
- This is for collaborative planting – for streets, community-living gardens and other shared places – where multiple people have contributed, in line with social distancing, to make a shared space look its best.
Entries can be submitted from now through until the competition’s closing date on Friday 10th July.
Email your entries to email@example.com
- Photos can be attached to the email
- Please state which category you are entering
- Any written information about your entry is welcome, but not essential
- Please include your contact information in your email with your name, address, and telephone number
For anyone who wishes to enter but does not have access to email, please call Warwick Town Council on 01926 411694 for support.
We’ll be sharing the winners with you later in the year.
Get planting, get growing and happy blooming.
Why not join the Warwick in Bloom Facebook group by clicking here
Terms & Conditions
- Entry is FREE.
- Residents and businesses can enter multiple categories.
- Entrants’ addresses must be within Warwick (CV34).
- Entrants must submit their photos and/or videos by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with any written background information they wish to provide, by Friday 10th July 2020 to be considered for judging.
- For anyone who wishes to enter but does not have access to email, please call Warwick Town Council on 01926 411694 for support.
- Winners will notified by email or phone by Monday 13th July
- Medal winners in each category will receive a certificate delivered by post
- The winner of each category agrees to their name and photography being used in marketing and other promotional releases including social media and website articles.
- By entering this competition, you are automatically accepting these terms and conditions.
- Anyone who is connected with the creation, promotion, judging and administration of this competition is exempt from the competition
- These terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of England